Albany Estate Lawyers
Planning for Your Life and Beyond
The key to a good estate plan is preparation and peace of mind. You should have confidence you have a solid estate plan to take care of your financial matters and all of your healthcare needs.
At James Trauring & Associates, LLC, we offer a full range of estate planning services for you and your family. Contact us to review or start your estate plan.
Estate Planning Services
It’s never too soon to plan for your future years, an unforeseen medical event or your own passing. The attorneys at James Trauring & Associates, LLC, understand the sensitivities of forming your estate plan. We’ll take a well-rounded approach to meet your goal. Some of our services include:
- Wills and Trusts: Your will controls what happens to your assets after you pass away and who will be responsible for overseeing that process. By creating a trust, you can help complete the process more easily by avoiding probate.
- Healthcare Planning: If you’re concerned about your healthcare wishes being followed, we can prepare a healthcare power of attorney for you.
We’re here to make sure your estate plan reflects your financial and healthcare needs, goals and interests. Contact us to learn how to get started on a plan that’s right for you.
Your Probate and Trust Legal Resource
Wrapping up the final affairs of a loved one who has passed away can be a stressful and emotional experience. If you’ve been named personal representative (also known as executor) in a will, we can help you take care of your legal responsibilities.
Contact us to discuss your probate and trust administration needs with one of our experienced attorneys in Upstate New York.
Our experienced, knowledgeable attorney counsel can help you with several aspects of probate and trust administration, including:
- Probate Administration: If you are appointed personal representative of an estate in probate, you have important responsibilities, including notifying beneficiaries and creditors, handling claims and eventually closing the estate. Our attorneys have the experience to help you through the entire probate process.
- Trust Administration: The trustee of a revocable (living) trust, educational trust, special needs trust or any other type of trust has serious fiduciary duties under the laws governing trusts. We can give you skilled legal counsel to help you carry out these responsibilities.
- Incapacity Planning: If you feel you might someday be physically or mentally incapacitated, we can prepare a durable power of attorney for you to avoid the later necessity of an unknown guardian being appointed over you.
The probate and/or trust administration process can be an overwhelming and frustrating process without an experienced attorney to guide you. Contact us to get the help you need.