Need More Information?
Workers’ Compensation Lawyers for Construction Workers
When You’re Hurt on the Job, Get What You’re Owed
By working in construction, you help make the world work.
It’s a tough job. It comes with plenty of hazards. None of that stops you from working hard.
Then one day you go to work like any other day, and something goes wrong. Or, you start feeling the effects of years of wear and tear.
You’re hurting. You can’t work, no matter how much you’d rather keep going. You deserve health care for your injury and financial support when the paychecks stop.
Workers’ Compensation benefits are supposed to be there for you in exactly this situation.
But the insurance company and its lawyers work against you.
If you worked in construction, the lawyers at James Trauring & Associates, LLC, will fight back to get you everything you’re owed.
We have three New York offices: Albany, Schenectady and Saratoga Springs.
What Does New York Workers’ Comp Give Me?
Workers’ Comp was designed to provide fast help when you’re hurt on the job. Any job injury counts. It doesn’t matter whose fault it was. The tradeoff is that you can’t sue your employer.
You’re entitled to three forms of assistance:
- Lost Wages — Up to 2/3 of your average weekly pay. The exact amount depends on whether you’ve experienced a total or partial disability.
- Medical Care — Doctor visits, hospital stays, surgeries and all other treatment needed for your injury should be paid for.
- Reimbursements — For prescriptions, medical devices and travel to doctor appointments.
At James Trauring & Associates, LLC, it doesn’t cost you anything to discuss your options with us.
Construction Is Dangerous Work
You don’t need us to tell you about the dangers of your job.
Based on the number of deaths from workplace accidents, construction is one of the most dangerous industries in the country, according to 2015 numbers from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.
That year, 937 construction workers had fatal accidents nationwide.
In New York, 53 construction workers lost their lives that year. And 3.4% of New York construction workers experienced non-fatal accidents.
These are among the hazards:
- Breathing fine particles
- Chemical exposure
- Getting hit by large objects
- Getting pinned between objects
- Repetitive motion injuries
What Should I Watch Out For With Insurance Companies?
We’ve seen Workers’ Comp insurance companies try to do some disgraceful things to hardworking New Yorkers:
- Pay a fraction of the amount you deserve.
- Cut off your benefits prematurely.
- Settle your claim in a way that hurts your ability to receive future benefits.
- Avoid your calls and questions.
- Rush your case so you don’t get the maximum benefits.
- Try to tell you there’s a standard payment for your injury that you have to accept.
- Monitor your social media looking for something to use against you.
What Should I Look For In A Workers’ Comp Lawyer?
Sometimes, even the attorneys who are supposed to help you will try to process your case too fast.
They’ll make you track down your own medical records. They won’t call you back. They won’t answer your questions.
At James Trauring & Associates, LLC, we respect New York construction workers and everything you do for our communities. We’ll treat your case as if it were happening to one of us.
When you call us, we’ll respond within one day to schedule an appointment. We won’t make you run around. We know you need to focus on your health.
Our lawyers will help you whether your benefits were denied, reduced or stopped.
We’ll gather and submit the kind of evidence needed to protect your rights under Workers’ Comp.
We can help you get immediate benefits after your injury. We may be able to negotiate a higher settlement for the long-term.
We know how the system works, so we can help you.
If you worked in construction and you were hurt at work, our focus is your recovery.