Workers’ Compensation Lawyers for Truck Drivers


Driving a truck is a tough job, and the economy depends on truck drivers to keep things running smoothly. So when you drive for a living and get hurt at work, you deserve to be compensated fairly.

At James Trauring & Associates, LLC, our qualified team of lawyers has the know-how and experience to get you the maximum Workers’ Compensation benefits you deserve when you’ve been hurt on the job.

Workers’ Comp insurance companies will do everything they can to give honest, hardworking drivers like you as little as they can.

But if you call James Trauring & Associates, we’ll put the power back where it should be: in your hands.

We’ll evaluate your case for free. Call us today.

Types of Benefits You Can Receive

Workers’ Comp can help you stay financially afloat by paying for:

  • Lost wages
  • Medical coverage
  • Reimbursements for travel, prescription medicine and medical devices
  • Lump sum payment for loss of eyesight, hearing, facial disfigurement, loss of use of a limb or extremity (hand, foot, finger, toe, arm, leg, etc.)

Risks You Face for Doing a Dangerous Job

As a truck driver, you have one of the most dangerous jobs in America. Increased reliance on trucks to move goods only increases that danger.

Even though you work hard to stay safe, you have no way to control public roads or conditions at loading or drop off locations. Your pay may be structured to force you to work long hours with little sleep.

As a result, truck drivers like you are often injured by:

  • Accidents on the road
  • Slips and falls climbing into or out of the cab or while loading cargo
  • Lifting heavy objects
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome from repetitive movements
  • Heavy cargo falling on the driver causing crush injuries

Sometimes injuries happen, even if you’ve done everything by the book. If you’ve been hurt driving your truck, contact us today.

Are You Entitled to Compensation?

The most important factor in determining whether you might be entitled to Workers’ Comp is whether you’re an employee or an independent contractor.

To receive Workers’ Comp, you must be an employee of the company that hired you to drive.

But companies often try to avoid responsibility for claims by misclassifying employees as independent contractors.

Even if you received a 1099 Form ­— or you’re called an independent contractor — you might actually be an employee.

A company must prove all three of the following to classify you as an independent contractor:

1) You’re free from control and direction in performing the job, both under contract and in the way your work functions in practice.

2) The services you perform are outside the usual course of business for the company. 

3) And the service you provide puts you in an independently established trade, occupation or business.

Even if you don’t qualify as an employee under the standards above, you might still qualify for Workers’ Comp if your injury occurred while you were loading or unloading your truck.

Accidents caused by shifting cargo, poor packaging, or other workplace hazards can allow you to recover benefits under loading and unloading case law.

Truck drivers’ Workers’ Comp claims can often get complicated because of these distinctions.

It’s important to contact an experienced attorney who knows how to maximize your benefits.

Contact James Trauring & Associates today.